When relocating to a new area, one of the most important things to consider is where your children will attend school. It is also important to find the right school that will suit your children's needs while still providing a quality education. The school districts in Denver and the surrounding area, have much to offer prospective students, from a safe and friendly learning environment to a sincere dedication towards achieving excellence. Use the links below to find out more information about the various metro Denver school districts. Denver area schools include some of the highest rated schools in the nation.
Additional Denver Area Schools information links:
- Colorado School Accountability Reports - Official State of Colorado website with CSAP / TCAP test results.
- School Reports - Search by city for school districts and specific schools
- City Profiles - Search by city name or zip code
Denver Area School Districts:
- Adams County School District 14: Adams County School District 14 has 6900 students and includes Commerce City, parts of Thornton and unincorporated Adams County. As a choice school district, the faculty and staff of Adams County School District works hard to improve academic achievement among students with top-notch classes and programs.
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools: Located on the northern side of the Denver metro area, the Adams 12 Five Star School District has 37,000 students in 49 buildings and serves five cities: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster. Adams Five Star Schools offers students countless opportunities and offers families the benefits of a large district with a close-knit feel.
- Aurora Public Schools: As the sixth largest school district in Colorado, the Aurora Public Schools serve approximately 32,000 students from over 100 different countries, making it one of the most diverse districts in the state. VISTA 2010 is Aurora School District's plan to graduate every student with the option to go to college without remediation. Aurora School District Maps
- Cherry Creek School District: With a total of 58 schools and many varied programs, the Cherry Creek School District provides nearly 49,000 students with a quality education that is dedicated to excellence, greater student achievement and building character. Their mission is “to inspire every student to think, to learn, to achieve, to care.” Cherry Creek Schools serves the southeast Denver metro area. Cherry Creek School District Map
- Denver Public Schools: Officially established in 1902, the Denver Public Schools system serves the city and county of Denver and approximately 73,500 students. With 73 elementary schools, 17 middle schools and 14 high schools, the Denver Public Schools system is widely recognized to be one of the best urban school systems in the country. ProComp, the voter-approved Professional Compensation System, establishes a revolutionary teacher pay plan that is drawing national attention for rewarding teachers for their professional accomplishments and linking their compensation to the district's instructional goals. Denver School District Maps
- Douglas County School District: Serving more than 50,000 students, the Douglas County School District is the third largest district in the state with its 41 elementary schools, seven middle schools, and eight high schools. The faculty and staff of Douglas County Schools are dedicated to helping students obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to becoming active and contributing members of society. Douglas County School District Map
- Elizabeth School District: With 2,700 students, the Elizabeth School District provides a safe and secure learning environment at all of its six campuses including a preschool, two elementary schools, one middle school, and two high schools.
- Jefferson County Public Schools: Jefferson County Public School District is the largest school district in Colorado, serving more than 84,000 students with 148 schools. The faculty and staff of the school district work together with parents to provide a caring environment in which students can successfully learn the necessary skills for their future roles in society. Jefferson County School District Map
- Littleton Public Schools: Located south of downtown Denver, Littleton Public Schools serves the majority of the City of Littleton, Town of Columbine Valley, and portions of the municipalities of Bow Mar, Centennial, Greenwood Village, and Englewood. LPS educates about 16,000 students in 15 elementary schools (K-5), four middle schools (6-8), and three high schools (9-12). LPS also offers three alternative education schools and two charter schools (K-8). In addition to preschool and half- or full-day kindergarten, the Village 2 & Under Program serves children ages six weeks to three years and is the first of its kind in Colorado to be affiliated with a public school district. Littleton School District Map